Welcome to the Advocacy Leader homepage!
The Advocacy Leadership Program began in 2008, as leaders from a diverse set of backgrounds and professions are standing up together to put a face and a voice on the state's most pressing addiction prevention, treatment and recovery issues. The program has now trained over 180 leaders that proudly represent 38 of New Jersey's 40 legislative districts, and live in every county in the state. On this page you will get a better understanding of the Advocacy Leadership Program, get updates from around the state, and learn about the impact these leaders have had to promote good public policy in New Jersey. These victories are by large in part to these leader's efforts to communicate to elected officials, and decision makers in New Jersey. An overview of the program is below. To contact us directly about the Advocacy Leadership Program please Email firstname.lastname@example.org
-Aaron Kucharski, Joel Pomales, and Tonia Ahern
How do you become an NCADD-NJ Advocacy Leader?
You must meet requirements as a NCADD-NJ Leadership Partner before being recognized as an NCADD-NJ Advocacy Leader.
- Attending one “Our Stories Have Power” training to develop your advocacy story. This training will help you to advocate using language that addresses stigma including community and media messaging.
- In addition to the “Our Stories Have Power Training” you are required to take an “Advocacy 101: How to Impact Policy” training offered by NCADD-NJ throughout the year. To request a training, or for a list of upcoming trainings email Akucharski@ncaddnj.org.
- Attending a majority of your regional advocacy team meetings • Participate in NCADD-NJ events that the advocates organize in your community
- Attend in support of, or testify at a public hearing with either written or live testimony on an issue that is important to you, or participate in legislative office visits.
We offer training throughout the year to help you earn the requirements.
As an NCADD-NJ Advocacy Leader you will receive
- A personalized resolution passed by the NJ legislature recognizing your advocacy efforts
- NCADD-NJ certificate recognizing your advocacy efforts
- NCADD-NJ special edition Leader shirt and pin