Anyone is welcome to the advocacy meetings and the direction of what the team works on is based on those who participate. Each team has a contact person to help you get involved with your local advocacy team. Hope to see you at the next team advocacy meeting!
Check out our calendar for meetings and events!
Here are a few things the Sussex county team has worked on together
· Community Listening Forums with local elected officials and those working in the criminal justice system to share stories of hope and advocacy solutions.
· Advancing Peer to Peer Recovery Support.
· Providing a Recovery Center for the County
· Provided testimony at the Annual NJ Budget hearings and Department of Human Services, in addition to testifying for or against bills at the state house.
· Recovery Celebrations during holidays like talent night and an annual Sober St Patrick’s day
· Annual Addiction Awareness Walk
· Ongoing skill training for advocates
· Advancing NCADD-NJ’s Road to Recovery Campaign
· Put together a County Resource Guide (available upon request) and an additional pamphlet specifically for those saved from overdose.
· Built strong relationships with local law enforcement and hospitals to help overdose victims find the support they need to get on a path of recovery with patient navigators and peer recovery coaches.